ASTANA CITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM FOR 2021-2025
Astana is one of the fastest growing megapolises in the entire Eurasian space. The capital regionally accounts for 10% of GDP. The structure of the economy is dominated by trade - 18.6%, while construction and industry account for 7.9% and 5.8% respectively.
Direction 1. Growth in the level of well-being and quality of life of the city's population:
Goal 1. Improving the efficiency of the social protection system and ensuring sustainable and productive employment.
Goal 2. Providing an education for the future that is accessible to everyone.
Goal 3. Improving public health to ensure sustainable socio-economic development.
Direction 2. A city that is comfortable to live in - a "city for the people":
Goal 1. Creating a safe and comfortable urban environment.
Goal 2. Balanced development of housing and utilities infrastructure and transport infrastructure.
Goal 3. A clean city for current and future generations.
Direction 3. A modern competitive city:
Goal 1. Improving the competitiveness of the city's economy and the development of technological innovation.
Goal 2. Creation of a favorable environment for the growth of business economic activity.
Sources of financing: republican and local budget, investors' own funds, borrowed funds.
Amounts of financing (preliminary estimates):
- 2021 – 1,290.4 billion tenge
- 2022 – 1,236.9 billion tenge
- 2023 – 1,337.9 billion tenge
- 2024 – 1,474.2 billion tenge
- 2025 – 1,655.2 billion tenge
Amounts of funding will be specified in the Action Plan for Program implementation, as well as when approving and clarifying the national and local budgets for the relevant fiscal years in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The structure of employment by sector has remained stable over the study period and is mainly represented by the sectors of trade, construction, education and public administration.
Investment in fixed capital remains an important factor in economic growth. In 2017-2020, the share of private investment increased from 75.7% to 80%, that is, 1 tenge of public investment accounts for 4-5 tenge of private investment.
The structure of the economy is dominated by small and medium-sized businesses in terms of business size. It forms 54.2% of the city's nominal GRP. Every third resident of the capital is engaged in entrepreneurship. More than half of the tax revenues to the budget are taxes from small and medium-sized businesses.
Providing a comprehensive solution to the problems of housing development by:
- Allocation of prepared land plots in accordance with master plans, detailed planning projects and regulations;
- Targeted approach to the planned areas of development engineering and communications infrastructure, including engineering networks of heat, water, gas and electricity, telephony, water disposal;
- Annual increase in the commissioning of housing in an amount not less than 1.3% in order to achieve by 2025 the index of housing provision to 38.6 square meters;
- Completion of construction projects under state programs;
- Construction of rental housing without a purchase option in 2021 - 81.1 thousand square meters, in 2022 - 69 thousand square meters, loan housing in 2021 - 79.4 thousand square meters, in 2022 - 34.2 thousand square meters;
- Development and arrangement of engineering and communications infrastructure in the areas where apartment housing is being built;
- Provision of housing certificates to cover the down payment when purchasing housing under the housing mortgage lending program "7-20-25. New opportunities to purchase housing for every family" and within the framework of the "Nurly Zher" State housing program as a social assistance or social support;
- A lot of work is being done to resume the construction of problematic facilities, 10 objects (5 thousand shareholders) are planned to be commissioned in 2021, 7 objects (1050 thousand shareholders) in 2022, 5 objects (2 thousand shareholders) in 2023;
Balanced development of housing and utilities infrastructure and transport infrastructure:
- Reconstruction of existing and construction of new facilities of the utilities sector by attracting investments of natural monopoly entities;
- Reconstruction of water supply pipeline to PFP from the pumping station of the 1st lift. (Section from the pumping station of the 1st lift to r.a. Zheleznodorozhny);
- Construction of water supply networks on Ushkonyr street, Akpan alley and Kenshagyl street;
- Construction of water supply and disposal networks in MPI;
- Construction of a new pumping and filtering station in the Internatsionalny residential area;
- Monitoring of water supply, i.e. inventory and passportization of engineering networks;
- Construction of an overpass to solve the problem of traffic congestion at the railway crossing in the Ondyrys residential area;
Improving the competitiveness of the city's economy and the development of technological innovation:
- Implementation of the State program of industrial and innovative development of the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2020-2025;
- Construction of a plant for production of construction lifting machines and mechanisms (tower self-lifting cranes, facade elevators, freight elevators) by Lashyn Factori LLP;
- Construction of a workshop for the production of furniture casings and wood products by Wood Expert LLP;
- Construction of a plant for production of polyethylene and polypropylene pipes and a plant of metal insulated pipes in polyurethane foam insulation by Kerim Plastic Pipes LLP;
- Construction of a plant for production of closed high-voltage vacuum circuit breaker of VS1-12kV series by Bolashak Electric LLP;
- Construction of a plant for production of pipelines with polyurethane foam insulation by Central Asia Pipes LLP;
- Construction of a plant for organization of production of paint products, corrosion and fire protection coatings by Zavod VMP Astana LLP.
- Full completion of the construction of the engineering infrastructure of Industrial Park No. 1 by Astana - New City FEZ by 2025;
- Completion of 1 startup complex of the 1st stage of engineering infrastructure of Industrial Park No. 2 by Astana-Technopolis FEZ by 2025;
Expansion of the export nomenclature of the region and increasing productivity through the creation of new high-tech industries, as well as an increase in innovative products in the structure of city's GRP more than 2% (projects such as plants for production of construction equipment (tower cranes, facade elevators, cargo elevators), insulated pipes, paint products, etc.).